- This event has passed.
Nurturing Compassion & Resilience for Animal Rights Activists | Online Self-Care Workshop | NA
November 22 @ 7:00 pm
In the relentless pursuit of animal rights, activists often bear the weight of grief, compassion fatigue, and the need for effective self-care. This workshop offers a supportive community for animal rights advocates to explore self-compassion, hold space for grief, and develop resilience. We will address the essential role of self-care and emotional transformation in the path towards Animal Liberation.
Register now (it’s free): https://forms.gle/szU21qm3YhJXEAtU9
This workshop is intended for those in North American timezones. Due to Facebook displaying the wrong time & date in the past, please confirm the time here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=North+America+-+Self+Care+Workshop+for+Animal+Rights+Activists&iso=20231122T19&p1=250&ah=2
In this workshop you will:
– Recognize the Importance of Self-Care: Gain a deep understanding of the necessity of self-care to ensure the long-term sustainability of their animal rights advocacy work.
– Share Grief in a Safe Space: We’ll hold space for sharing stories and experiences without judgment.
– Become familiar with Practical Tools: Learn about self-care ideas such as making time for wonder, laughter, and joy in your life. You’ll receive recommended resources, including videos, readings, etc. to develop personal resilience.
– Build a Positive and Supportive Community: Foster a sense of community among animal rights advocates rooted in positivity and gratitude.
– Integrate Interspecies Practices: Explore and practice interspecies and secular activities that aid in the transformation of grief and other emotions allowing participants to engage in meaningful rituals that bridge the gap between human and non-human individuals.
About the Facilitator:
Alaina has been organizing and volunteering in the animal liberation movement since 2014. Her time was spread across diverse efforts including vigils, protests, street outreach, humane education, animal care, and more. Alaina’s journey as an animal activist led her to become an Ordained Interspecies Animal Chaplain. As an Animal Chaplain, Alaina instructs mindfulness techniques that transcend species boundaries, advocates for exploited beings in religious, spiritual, and secular contexts, and supports individuals in navigating the emotional challenges of animal loss. Alaina was certified in Animals and Human Health from the Institute for Human-Animal Connection. She also obtained a Vegan Permaculture Design certificate, allowing her to approach situations with a holistic perspective. With eleven years of working with students from diverse backgrounds – including a focus on supporting students of all abilities – she brings deep empathy and insightful guidance to her work.
This workshop offers a unique opportunity to nurture your compassion, practice self-care, and find support within a community of like-minded advocates. It’s a space for healing, reflection, and personal growth on your journey to create a more compassionate world. Join us in building a brighter future for all sentient beings.