- This event has passed.
Vegan Outreach Workshop: Inspiring Behaviour Change
October 7, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
This training is ideal for those who advocate on behalf of nonhuman animals to friends, family, and strangers. In this training you will learn:
– How to avoid debates and arguments
– How to reduce defensiveness in others
– How to manage other people’s egos
– How to help people explore their values (what questions to ask)
– How to help people align their actions with their values
– We will also talk about how the coaching style of communication can be adapted for new event formats
– The training will be approximately one hour followed by a Q and A session.
About the Facilitator:
James Hattersley (Wholesome James on YouTube) has used a coaching style of communication in his professional career to achieve outstanding results leading teams of hundreds of people, and since using these transferable skills in vegan advocacy has seen incredible results in the effectiveness of his advocacy. James has been facilitating vegan outreach workshops for the past 1-2 years, as well as attending hundreds of street outreach events, vigils, investigations, and various other forms of activism.
Proven to be the most effective way to inspire behaviour change in others, the skills taught in this training will increase the percentage of people who go vegan, or take steps toward going vegan, after speaking with you.