- This event has passed.
Toronto Pig Save Wednesday Vigil for the Pigs
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until September 30, 2021
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until December 29, 2021
- Don’t turn away. Please join us to bear witness to, and to speak up for, the thousands of baby pigs whose lives are needlessly and violently stolen from them daily at Fearman’s slaughterhouses.
Placards, leaflets, support are provided.
Please read these vigil and safety notes prior to attending.
Keeping Save Movement vigils peaceful.
1) The purpose of Save Movement vigils is to bear witness, to see the reality, to connect, to document, then to share with others. To bring peace to a violent space. Disruptions can take place at a different time.
2) Truck Drivers:
Though we don’t respect what they are doing for a living, let’s respect the drivers for giving us this time to show the world the plight of farmed animals.
3) Slaughterhouse Workers:
Some workers may try to taunt (though rarely anymore). Offer a wave or peace sign instead of a negative reaction. Break the cycle of violence.
🙋 Keep Arms out of the truck:
We’ve experienced a few serious injuries from vigil attendees putting hands/arms into the truck. Please avoid the temptation to reach inside for the following reasons:
1) The truck may suddenly move, trapping/taking you with it.
2) Pigs are extremely large and heavy beings. Though they may not intend to hurt, a human arm may frighten them and simple movement can crush or break bones. Instead, offer your hand just at the opening of the truck. Some pigs will choose to come to you and sniff/lick your hand.
3) Fear. Many of these beings have not known kind human hands in the past. This may cause them stress.
Thank you for your understanding and for coming to bear witness and to be their voice. Please bring a friend. They desperately need you.
Note: Please check the Toronto Pig Save events page for updates/changes. (Actual event link may differ than the the one below).